The Aztecs also had a well-developed theory about education, which has an equivalent word in Nahuatl called tlacahuapahualiztli. It means “the art of raising or educating a person”, or “the art of strengthening or bringing up men”. This was a broad conceptualization of education, which prescribed that it begins at home, supported by formal schooling, and reinforced by community living.
- Educational psychology can in part be understood through its relationship with other disciplines.
- Example alternative schools include Montessori schools, Waldorf schools , Friends schools, Sands School, Summerhill School, Walden’s Path, The Peepal Grove School, Sudbury Valley School, Krishnamurti schools, and open classroom schools.
- Global initiatives aim at achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 4, which promotes quality education for all.
- Readour latest global education strategy to see how UNICEF plans to help every child learn by 2030.
- Many agree that education is a purposeful activity directed at achieving certain aims, especially